jueves, 20 de octubre de 2016

Yeah… Software (de)sign

Ok, hear me out. I’m now going to talk about software design and software architecture. Are you interested? Good.

First: design. This means the process where you transform gathered user requirements. This is made through a Specification document. I’ve talked about this in past blog posts, remember? Please remember :( so why am I talking about it again? Because I still have things to say…

Software design leads to 3 different levels of results:
  • Architectural: highest abstract version of a system. This just helps designers get the idea.
  • High-Level: Less abstract view of subsystems and modules. It takes into account all components.
  • Detailed: Here details of how the implementation should be made. Defines a structure and interfaces for modules to communicate with each other.
It’s here that you might want to think about modularization, dividing a software system into multiple, independent modules. This makes it easier to maintain and reuse. And more importantly, it leads (ideally) to parallel executing! With several modules, there’s not just one sequential sequence of steps running, as each module is independent and able to do it on its own. Isn’t this awesome?


How do I know all this? I read it. I researched. You want to know more? Go ahead! These were my sources:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario